Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in the following ways:
- on line via the internet by following the link at the top of this page. Carry out the simple one-off registration if you have not already done so.
- the GP app
- nominating a pharmacy
- email@example.com ( the dedicated email address)
- In person – by ticking the required medications on the right hand side of your prescription and placing it in the dedicated box located at reception.
We are encouraging all patients to request electronically rather than on paper for data protection and safety and to save our trees.
Please allow 2 working days excluding weekends and bank holidays when ordering repeat prescriptions. We operate a 2 working day policy for repeat medication; please make sure you make your request 3-5 working days before you run out.
- Should you run out of your medication your local pharmacy may be able to give you an emergency supply.
- If you are making a request early due to holiday please note this on your
- If you require your prescription to be posted, please enclose an SAE
- If your prescription is delivered by a local pharmacy please state the name of the pharmacy on the request slip.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy, contact the pharmacy and sign up for the Electronic Prescribing Service (EPS).
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.00
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.