Patient Participation Group
Aims of The Patient Participation Group
The group was established in November 2011 and meets periodically to discuss the views and feedback of patients registered at Manor Practice. It is the aim to take patients views into consideration with any future developments or expansion of the services Manor Practice may be considering.
Our aim is to endeavour to have a representative sample of patients registered at the practice within the group.
What is the Patient Participation Group?
The PPG is a group of active volunteers that meets with and works in partnership with Practice staff and GPs to promote health by fostering the highest possible standard of primary care through patient participation. It is a Patients Group, which is open and free to all adult patients of the Practice.
- Acts as a means of communication between the Practice and the community in order to help patients use Practice services and facilities in the best way possible and to help the Practice implement policies influenced by patients.
- Acts as a signpost to the Practice’s systems for suggestions and complaints and will also, from time to time, carry out surveys in conjunction with the Practice.
- Has a role in assisting in the assessment of community needs in order to help the Practice improve its services.
- Liaises with the Practice to help provide appropriate health education for the benefit of all those patients who are registered with the Practice.
- Improving communication by assisting in the production of newsletters or leaflets to inform about practice news and changes and how to access services
- Together with members of the Practice Team and other significant NHS and/or Local Authority partners participate as appropriate in the organisation of health promotion events so that patients can have a really good understanding of their health and how best to look after it.
- Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to the Practice, by helping it appreciate and understand what patients are thinking and are saying about issues, such as, opening hours, telephone systems, requests for home visits, delays in being taken for appointment, seeing their Usual GP, seeing their Usual Practice Nurse, repeat prescriptions and the range and type of services provided within the Practice.
- Undertaking appropriate survey or research to find out what matters to patients and discussing the findings with the Practice.
Are you interested in finding out more about our practice and the development of health services?
Manor Practice is seeking patients to join our Patient Participation Group. We are looking for people from all sections of the community to attend our meetings at Manor Practice to discuss ideas about the practice and its services to patients.
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.